- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- Cool. New @vox_dev website focusing on evidence-based research. Angus Deaton's piece on happiness is a nice starter: goo.gl/evb6yC 19 hours ago
- RT @bermaninstitute: Global #FoodEthics & Policy Program: Roundup - Food Policy, Waste, Landless Farmers, Obesity, Loans, Soybeans, More ht… 20 hours ago
- Are U.S. #foodwaste stats true i.e. 40% goes uneaten amounting to $165 billion/year? A new study says, look again. goo.gl/egeWBG 20 hours ago
- RT @bermaninstitute: Review: In ‘Food Evolution,’ Scientists Strike Back nyti.ms/2tTGngw #FoodEthics 1 day ago
Category Archives: italy
Ever hear of Puntarelle? I didn’t until I came to Italy, and more specifically Rome. It is a type of chicory, a bit bitter, and often served only from November to January. You can still find it served in a few … Continue reading
This year I was the recipient of the Premio Daniel Carasso for nutrition and sustainable diets. A video was made by Laurent Benhamou (Crunk video productions) of our last days in Rome.
After two and a half years, we are leaving Rome and heading back to the U.S. The time spent here has been enriching – both personally and professionally – but it is time to hit that open road. Neil Young … Continue reading
I recently traveled to Naples for a short weekend, and found the city to be the pulsing beat of Italy’s immense heart, or maybe it is the heart attack…More on that soon. There is so much of Naples that reminds … Continue reading
What Makes a Pizza Master.