- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @PMenonIFPRI: Thoughtful piece by Zulfi Bhutta. A good prelude to the upcoming 2017 @GNReport - Watch this space! @jessfanzo @CorinnaHaw… 17 hours ago
- Tragic but fantastic @CSIS documentary of the brutal attacks on humanitarian & healthcare workers during #conflict. goo.gl/j7DCm3 17 hours ago
- @l_haddad gives his reflections on the role of #PPPs & #Nutrition. I liked his suggestion to start a register of nu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- RT @l_haddad: @JessFanzo presenting reflections on last 4 years of @GNReport. So proud of the team. Feel like I'm at my kids graduation. @C… 3 days ago
Category Archives: italy
Ever hear of Puntarelle? I didn’t until I came to Italy, and more specifically Rome. It is a type of chicory, a bit bitter, and often served only from November to January. You can still find it served in a few … Continue reading
This year I was the recipient of the Premio Daniel Carasso for nutrition and sustainable diets. A video was made by Laurent Benhamou (Crunk video productions) of our last days in Rome.
After two and a half years, we are leaving Rome and heading back to the U.S. The time spent here has been enriching – both personally and professionally – but it is time to hit that open road. Neil Young … Continue reading
I recently traveled to Naples for a short weekend, and found the city to be the pulsing beat of Italy’s immense heart, or maybe it is the heart attack…More on that soon. There is so much of Naples that reminds … Continue reading
What Makes a Pizza Master.