- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @MikeBloomberg: There are immediate steps we can take to address climate change & save our planet. #ClimateofHope shows how. https://t.c… 18 hours ago
- RT @WorldResources: #ClimateScience, explained in 10 graphics: What have been some impacts of climate change to date? https://t.co/WnRb5YHg… 1 day ago
- RT @JPAL_Global: Search 800+ evaluations in 79 countries: povertyactionlab.org/evaluations New work on: agriculture, crime, education, environment,… 1 day ago
- RT @foodtank: Which countries have the highest rate of hunger & obesity? Read the #FoodSustainabilityIndex to learn: https://t.co/lqC5shCTi… 1 day ago
Category Archives: italy
Ever hear of Puntarelle? I didn’t until I came to Italy, and more specifically Rome. It is a type of chicory, a bit bitter, and often served only from November to January. You can still find it served in a few … Continue reading
This year I was the recipient of the Premio Daniel Carasso for nutrition and sustainable diets. A video was made by Laurent Benhamou (Crunk video productions) of our last days in Rome.
After two and a half years, we are leaving Rome and heading back to the U.S. The time spent here has been enriching – both personally and professionally – but it is time to hit that open road. Neil Young … Continue reading
I recently traveled to Naples for a short weekend, and found the city to be the pulsing beat of Italy’s immense heart, or maybe it is the heart attack…More on that soon. There is so much of Naples that reminds … Continue reading
What Makes a Pizza Master.