- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @sudhvir: Delighted to host @RockefellerFdn #Bellagio meeting: @EATforum, @UNICEF & partners working on global programme 'Children Eatin… 17 hours ago
- RT @marcfbellemare: From beer to bread and back again to solve ‘the world’s dumbest problem’ washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-… https://t.co/aCkN3Y04SS 2 days ago
- RT @texasinafrica: This is an embarrassment for everyone involved. nyti.ms/2ieaNZP 2 days ago
- RT @irinnews: How the #SouthSudan #aid operation is targeted for manipulation and extortion. Comment by Simon Little. https://t.co/ZbeUdo6w… 4 days ago
Category Archives: foodie
I have been in Woods Hole, Cape Code the last few days staying at a friend’s and am immensely enjoying the laid back atmosphere and beauty that surrounds me. I have also been feasting on lobster. Lobster rolls, lobster tacos, … Continue reading
In the last five years or so, interest in all things food and our food system has become very popular – in books, TV shows, and celebrity restaurant flanuering. Interestingly, being interested in food: aka a foodie, an epicurean, a … Continue reading
I spent last week in the Pacific Northwest visiting the Gates Foundation, PATH and the Nike Foundation, and more importantly, some good friends and family in Seattle and Portland respectively. More on that later… I grew up in Seattle from … Continue reading
A history of dieting: Binge and purge | The Economist.
According to the NYTs, this photo was taken in 1832 by Frenchman, Joseph Nicéphore Niépce.
The Food & Drink Issue – Interactive Feature – NYTimes.com. My favorite. This year is all Q and A. Interesting choice for the times, but filled with lots of information.