Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- Its gettin' hot in here. 2016: hottest year yet + 3rd consecutive record-breaking year + 21st century the hottest.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- RT @AcademiaObscura: Glad we cleared that up. https://t.co/kUs6oIsCjC 1 day ago
- RT @fadeclerck: Shopping Cart of Food Stamp Household: Lots of Soda, via @nytimes @EATforum @G_stordalen @jessfanzo nytimes.com/2017/01/13/wel… 4 days ago
- Boy, am I going to miss @POTUS. What other US Prez would publish in @sciencemagazine on #cleanenergy. #obamarocks goo.gl/gCwnkr 1 week ago