Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- Big thinker @DrPatrickWebb said we need to start seeing the #foodsystem as a “system of multiple enterprises.” twitter.com/glo_pan/status… 1 day ago
- @Glo_PAN launch of food market transformation brief @FAOnews. My good friend Tom Arnold reminded us to remember “ci… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @EATforum: The whole world needs to #eat better, says @jessfanzo . Countries need to start to shift lifestyles & strengthen #food system… 1 day ago
- Why the whole world needs to eat better @BloombergView goo.gl/W3oqh1 2 days ago