Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @SPRINGProject2: .@jessfanzo Need to increase nutrition-smart climate adaptation along each step of the value chain - not just productio… 8 minutes ago
- RT @G_stordalen: 'Four shifts to a more desirable (and delicious) food future' by EAT´s board member @LineGordon at @sthlmresilience: https… 4 hours ago
- RT @foodtank: "We need to find a way to give young people the opportunity to contribute to real change." - @jessfanzo: https://t.co/zdYowfe… 1 week ago
- RT @richardhorton1: So the G20 fails to include a pledge on climate change, contrary to past practice. America's undermining of multilatera… 1 week ago