Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- Wonderful to have @devinitorg as the @GNReport host. Start getting excited about 2018 report at the end of this yea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- RT @kimberlytalksag: Join us Feb. 1 for live webcast to launch Alex de Waal's book on history and future of famine. RSVP if coming in perso… 1 day ago
- RT @bermaninstitute: Trade and the equitability of global food nutrient distribution | Nature Sustainability - authors include our @jessfan… 1 day ago
- RT @GNReport: The @GNReport is refreshing its Independent Expert Group. Think you'd like to be involved? See criteria and process here and… 1 day ago