Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @SightandLife: #NCDs are the most common cause of death & disability, diet the no. 1 risk factor, @jessfanzo discusses #SDGs & NCDs http… 3 days ago
- Women's height attainment linked to longevity, education & earnings, is stagnating globally. goo.gl/FsgZVo https://t.co/1az9JcpAQO 4 days ago
- RT @BoydSwinburn: Frightening facts on big food from Larry Gostin twitter.com/hannahbrins/st… 4 days ago
- RT @environmondal: Our latest paper on #foodsecurity #nutrition #climate #resilience #cereal #crop #India bit.ly/2a4fo9x @ruthdefr… 5 days ago