Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- @l_haddad says "Wake up!" #FutureDiets will have massive impacts on the planet. @Glo_PAN #foodsystem & diets report: goo.gl/lWfMcq 2 days ago
- RT @Glo_PAN: #Malnutrition holds us back. Changing #FutureDiets will unleash global potential: goo.gl/58vqKe #SDGs https://t.co/k… 2 days ago
- RT @FCRNetwork: Plating up solutions on #SustainableHealthyDiets & foodsystem sustainability. Tara Garnett in @sciencemagazine on taking st… 2 days ago
- RT @EllenPiwoz: Mark #MaternalMonday with new @TheLancet series: bit.ly/2czYq7A #SDGs #MaternalHealthNow https://t.co/jNNoQVebyl 5 days ago