Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @bermaninstitute: Global #FoodEthics & Policy Program: News Roundup - Food Drone, Junk Food, Famine, Sustainable, Crowdfunded Beef, + ht… 3 hours ago
- RT @IMMANA_res: Wanted: #Food Environment Measurement Tools - @AnnaWHerforth's ANH Academy blog on new & innovative approaches https://t.co… 18 hours ago
- @JohnsHopkinsSPH research: the devastating impacts of cyanide toxicity originating from cassava "konzo". goo.gl/SjtYtN 1 day ago
- RT @nytopinion: The problem of violence and imagining more peaceful relations among the world’s people nyti.ms/2lbo6Y0 https://t.co… 1 day ago