Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @brentloken: Two #EATLancet Commissioners on one panel! Tara Garnett and @jessfanzo #foodcanfixit https://t.co/S4RqCuS1oF 3 hours ago
- RT @JamilaHaider: Context matters. Animal source foods important in low-income diets, on other hand how to reduce meat in US says @jessfanz… 3 hours ago
- RT @malinjonell: @jessfanzo on how do deal with meat consumption globally. Boils down to the question - Do we have the right to eat wrongly… 3 hours ago
- RT @FCRNetwork: T. Garnett moderating 'Why do we eat what we eat' @jessfanzo Eduardo Nilson Elizabeth Blackburn #NobelDialogue Watch https:… 3 hours ago