Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @PMenonIFPRI: Thoughtful piece by Zulfi Bhutta. A good prelude to the upcoming 2017 @GNReport - Watch this space! @jessfanzo @CorinnaHaw… 17 hours ago
- Tragic but fantastic @CSIS documentary of the brutal attacks on humanitarian & healthcare workers during #conflict. goo.gl/j7DCm3 17 hours ago
- @l_haddad gives his reflections on the role of #PPPs & #Nutrition. I liked his suggestion to start a register of nu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- RT @l_haddad: @JessFanzo presenting reflections on last 4 years of @GNReport. So proud of the team. Feel like I'm at my kids graduation. @C… 3 days ago