- african foods agriculture anthropology and culture biodiversity calories cooking development diversity drinks ecogastronomy environment fast food food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean micronutrient deficiencies nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- Bloomberg Plan Aims to Require Food Composting. Its about time. nyti.ms/10ovljf 1 day ago
- @WHO 's Global nutrition policy review. What does it take to scale up #nutrition? bit.ly/16uDmSW 2 days ago
- @SightandLife 's Hidden Hunger Index - see exec summary and Plos paper. bit.ly/ZUK03d 2 days ago
- Food & Nutrition Security Initiatives mapped out. bit.ly/159qte0 2 days ago
- A Myanmar in Transition Says Little of Past Abuses. From nytimes.com: nyti.ms/146Qv2B 3 days ago
Tag Archives: agriculture
New Book Release! Diversifying Food and Diets: Using Agricultural Biodiversity to Improve Nutrition and Food Security
With some of my Bioversity colleagues, Danny Hunter and Teresa Borelli, and colleague/chef Federico Mattei, we edited a new book entitled “Diversifying Food and Diets: Using Agricultural Biodiversity to Improve Nutrition and Health.” The book is part of the Issues in Agricultural Biodiversity series … Continue reading
Ever seen the movie the Warriors? Classic 1970s movie about an all night fight between gangs focusing on one in particular, the Warriors from Coney Island Brooklyn. I have been thinking a lot recently (maybe because I turned 40) about … Continue reading
Bioversity’s Nutrition Strategy – Resilient Food and Nutrition Systems: Analyzing the Role of Agricultural Biodiversity in Enhancing Human Nutrition and Health
This past year I worked diligently with colleagues at Bioversity International, on the 10 year nutrition strategy. Below is a summary of the strategy along with the link to the entire strategy. Bioversity’s Nutrition Strategy One of the world’s greatest challenges … Continue reading
Oxfam has just launched a new campaign called “GROW“. The report is quite good and calls for some major changes in how our ‘broken’ global food system could be repaired. They propose some solutions and criticisms about land grabbing, GMOs, … Continue reading
Here is the post that Jeff Sachs, Sonia Sachs and I published on the Huffington regarding the recent NYT article on Plumpy Nut.
Very informative short video on the challenges and solutions for agriculture in Africa.