Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity drinks eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system undernutrition
- RT @ZeroHunger: What are the #globalgoals? The full list is here. #action2015 tinyurl.com/nwo6s5o Check out goal 2... #zerohunger http:… 5 hours ago
- 'Bout time. twitter.com/Gawker/status/… 2 days ago
- RT @l_haddad: Global #NutritionReport N4G analyst wins Fulbright-Clinton Fellowship. Congrats Meghan! sipa.columbia.edu/news-center/ar… http://t.co/… 4 days ago
- FDA is making changes to #foodlabels - proposed changes may not be the best decision for consumers... goo.gl/qhVXH8 4 days ago
- RT @TheEconomist: 52 years ago today, Martin Luther King delivered arguably the greatest speech of all time econ.st/1JjvVj1 http://t… 4 days ago