Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity drinks eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system undernutrition
- @NatGeo Why Micronutrient Deficiency Is a Macro-Problem. #sustainablediets goo.gl/Lh1gQS 1 hour ago
- @sciencemagazine Why #SustainableDiets became a contentious U.S. debate & the political maneuvering that has ensued. goo.gl/hiUj7O 20 hours ago
- RT @bermaninstitute: Free #FoodEthics Event (NYC) Featuring our @jessfanzo - Global Ethics Day: Feeding the Planet. Oct 15, 6p http://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- How predictable. "New, proposed U.S. #dietaryguidelines are provoking controversy and ire." goo.gl/zRM19J 2 days ago
- RT @CorinnaHawkes: Important & bold: @michaelpollan @bittman @DeSchutterUNSR call on next US president to form a National #FoodPolicy https… 2 days ago