Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean micronutrient deficiencies new york food and spots nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system undernutrition
You can also find me at: jessfanzo.com
- I tweeted on this a while ago. Penn Station sucks for #healthyfood options. Nothing but ultraprocessed junk. nyti.ms/1qXfPSo 3 hours ago
- Promoting small fish as a #sustainable source of #nutrients for children. #DevelopmentDialogues bit.ly/1qX8jXO 4 hours ago
- Addressing chronic malnutrition through multi-sectoral, sustainable approaches wp.me/phEOU-oE 6 hours ago
- A Call for a #Low-Carb #Diet. REALLY? I am still skeptical. #nodietrestrictions nyti.ms/1B9mznA 14 hours ago
- Scorin’ like a bandit ’til the bubble burst – Suddenly it got to be September First. wp.me/phEOU-oy 1 day ago