Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid anthropology and culture biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system undernutrition
You can also find me at: jessfanzo.com
- Simple Rules for Healthy Eating. nyti.ms/1EkjGpm 12 hours ago
- @mwbloem reminded me of the insightful work of @sapinker - watch his @TEDtalks on the declining violence in society. bit.ly/1yGv7Fc 1 day ago
- A boundary that only food can cross - ethical issues of class. Interesting article by @Chris_Offutt on "Trash Food." bit.ly/1bfNSW0 1 day ago
- It's about time. A fund dedicated to unleashing the Power of #Nutrition. bit.ly/1CXch9k 2 days ago
- @ChicagoCouncil new report: Healthy Food for a Healthy World. #foodsystems #sustainable diets bit.ly/1CXbZiJ 2 days ago