Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean micronutrient deficiencies new york food and spots nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system undernutrition
You can also find me at: jessfanzo.com
- Please give us your comments for the next Global Nutrition Report 2015! #nutritionreport bit.ly/1v0Wv8s 9 minutes ago
- @l_haddad pulls together the 2014 best nutrition reads from #NutritionReport 's Expert Group. I already feel smarter. bit.ly/1z31xnn 5 hours ago
- Scaling up Nutrition in Fragile and Conflict-affected States: the pivotal role of governance bit.ly/1GTYNNc 1 day ago
- RT @ciffmichael: I'm incredibly excited by the global #NutritionReport...but I was shocked by what it has to say about data @l_haddad 3 days ago
- @IFPRI hosts @ciffmichael Discussing a "data diet for better nutrition outcomes." #nutritionreport bit.ly/1GqQzxV 3 days ago