Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories culture development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- RT @FaridahIbrahim_: Great @ColumbiaMPADP workshop with @jessfanzo today on the complexities of nutrition challenges globally. #mdp https:/… 23 hours ago
- RT @ColumbiaMPADP: DPs learning to use anthropometric measurement techniques to diagnose acute malnutrition with @jessfanzo! #nutrition htt… 23 hours ago
- RT @AnikaBahra: Good Friday lectures possible! Thx @jessfanzo #nutritionsensitive #agpolicy #insights @ColumbiaSIPA @ColumbiaMPADP https://… 2 days ago
- Agree on the usability! twitter.com/AgroBioDiverse… 4 days ago