Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean micronutrient deficiencies new york food and spots nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system undernutrition
You can also find me at: jessfanzo.com
- The calories of a large glass of wine = a doughnut. bbc.in/1wPYK4X 4 hours ago
- Who should define ‘natural’ food? When Cheetos are defined as natural, you know we got a problem. alj.am/1u2sFpV 3 days ago
- John Oliver’s takedown of the sugar industry is spot on - The Washington Post wapo.st/1wBXznM 3 days ago
- Improving Accountability & Decisionmaking for Nutrition: Can ICTs Fill the Data Gaps? #NutritionReport #ict4d bit.ly/1tAC322 3 days ago
- Food Tank and the James Beard Foundation present the 2014 Good Food Org Guide goo.gl/XiKhDy#.VE5bhi… via @Food_Tank 4 days ago