Spending the week in new york at columbia university in nutrition courses for health professionals. Spent two days on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular disease and targeting medications. Our U.S. health professionals are spending their time and talent treating NCDs, a terrible consequence often related to poor diets and lifestyle. Is this what we have come to? We need to think prevention, better nutrition, healthy diets and exercise instead of massive industry led drug trials!
- african foods agriculture aid biodiversity calories development diversity eating ecogastronomy environment fast food foodie food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean micronutrient deficiencies new york food and spots nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system undernutrition
You can also find me at: jessfanzo.com
- @jonnytench provides pearls of wisdom on Tracking Business Commitments for nutrition. #nutritionreport bit.ly/1rBnoDy 7 hours ago
- RT @SUN_Movement: Watch a new film to learn about the complex underlying causes of undernutrition in Bangladesh fb.me/2XCUhnnnt 11 hours ago
- RT @SightandLife: Stunting: The cruel curse of #malnutrition in Nepal bit.ly/1qyfyLi via @ipsnews 11 hours ago
- RT @l_haddad: Think overwieght and obesity is not a problem in East Africa? Think again. Good blog by Liz Kimani goo.gl/of3UPz #… 23 hours ago
- Informative article in NYT about gut immunity and #probiotics and #prebiotics. nyti.ms/UmVLjn 23 hours ago