- african foods agriculture anthropology and culture biodiversity calories cooking development diversity drinks ecogastronomy environment fast food food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean micronutrient deficiencies nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- Bloomberg Plan Aims to Require Food Composting. Its about time. nyti.ms/10ovljf 1 day ago
- @WHO 's Global nutrition policy review. What does it take to scale up #nutrition? bit.ly/16uDmSW 2 days ago
- @SightandLife 's Hidden Hunger Index - see exec summary and Plos paper. bit.ly/ZUK03d 2 days ago
- Food & Nutrition Security Initiatives mapped out. bit.ly/159qte0 2 days ago
- A Myanmar in Transition Says Little of Past Abuses. From nytimes.com: nyti.ms/146Qv2B 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: June 2011
cool video. and a crazy ass video.
Food Desert Locator smackdown.
What the hell is “econutrition” one might ask? Well, it can be whatever you want it to be. In the Food and Nutrition Bulletin, a supplement was released on this very topic. Econutrition is defined as “Econutrition integrates environmental health … Continue reading
Oxfam has just launched a new campaign called “GROW“. The report is quite good and calls for some major changes in how our ‘broken’ global food system could be repaired. They propose some solutions and criticisms about land grabbing, GMOs, … Continue reading
I recently participated in a discussion at Columbia University this past March of 2011 with some of my great friends and colleagues, Glenn Denning, CJ Jones and Roseline Remans. The discussion was about the global food price crisis, the nutrition … Continue reading
AIDS: 30 years later, some progress in treatment and prevention – latimes.com.
The global food crisis: The right to decide what we eat | Ibrahim Coulibaly | Global development | guardian.co.uk. Couldn’t have said it better than this…food sovereignty is a must.