- african foods agriculture anthropology and culture biodiversity calories cooking development diversity drinks ecogastronomy environment fast food food Insecurity food price crisis 2008 food systems health hunger italy junk food malnutrition mediterranean micronutrient deficiencies nutrition obesity organics and slow food poverty sustainable agriculture u.s. food system Uncategorized undernutrition
- Is it Myanmar or Burma? The Economist econ.st/121Yr9g 5 hours ago
- RT @Draper_Don: Limit your exposure. 5 days ago
- What is stunting? bit.ly/10Cs1yr 5 days ago
- An honest account about working in development (in this case Haiti) and how ineffective one can feel. I can relate! nyti.ms/11MLiRn 5 days ago
- RT @michaelpollan: Brings back memories! My 13 NYT Magazine Covers, going back to 1989, published in the 6th floor blog. http://t.co/y7qes… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: September 2009
I feel somewhat obliged to blog on this being that I was behind the scenes working with Professor Sachs and our WFP colleagues to make this happen. Let’s hope the partnership is a success. Here’s to ending hunger! UN News … Continue reading
If any of you readers haven’t seen the beautifully crafted Edible Manhattan and Edible Brooklyn magazines, i suggest you check them out, subscribe and support. The articles are super interesting, if you love food, call yourself a locavore, and love … Continue reading
The Guardian posted some photos comparing food advertisements to the real food. And just as you imagine, the adverts are much more appetizing then the real deal. My favorite is the Arby’s beef and cheddar sandwich posted below. Shame on … Continue reading
NY Times article, so much food, so much hunger. Despite the late Norman Borlaug’s accomplishments, “more people are hungry today than ever and that total should exceed one billion people this year for the first time, according to the United … Continue reading
Funny. The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c Sugar Shortage – Marion Nestle http://www.colbertnation.com Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor Health Care Protests
When we were driving across the country recently, we saw lots of billboard signs, mainly in the middle bulge of America, displaying “meatatarians unite.” This I realized later was a Wendy’s ad campaign done about a year ago, promoting the … Continue reading
The agriculture sector, especially livestock production, accounts for one-fifth of total greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions globally (McMichael et al, 2007). Livestock production, including transport and feed, accounts for nearly 80% of the sector’s emissions (McMichael et al, 2007). Although CO2 is … Continue reading
“And so the government is poised to go on encouraging America’s fast-food diet with its farm policies even as it takes on added responsibilities for covering the medical costs of that diet.” Get the article here.
Food Network has a funny, yet scary posting on food tattoos. Check out some of the photos but this one is my favorite, on the fat belly no less…and is that a thumbs up?